Wednesday, January 2

Take Away My Race Card.

For the first time in 34 years I vacuumed on New Years Day!!!

DOH!!! What a dumbass.

Ok, what?! You say.

Yeah, well, I've had it drilled into me that you should not sweep on New Years Day because you will be sweeping all of the good luck out of your home for the rest of the year. I'm guessing that vacuuming is the same thing.

I realized what I was doing about half way through the livingroom. And I actually considered emptying the vacuum canister into a Ziploc and keeping it. But how would I even begin to explain to Sarge why we needed to pack a Ziploc full of dog hair and dust to take with us to Germany.

Not that our new year got off to an auspicious beginning anyway.

Another saying that I have been brought up with is that you should do things that you enjoy or that are fun on new years day because that is what you will be spending the next year doing. Not that this has ever come true for me. This morning I was up at 5:30 cleaning up cat barf from under the bed. An old crusty crunchy one, and a nice wet juicy fresh one. Yay me.

Can't wait for 2008!

5 comments:

Jacy said...

What is it with the cats and the barf is what I'd like to know. I cleaned some up myself today.

That Chick Over There said...

Cat barf! GAH!

she said: said...

Mmmmm delicious cat barf.

How is your cat going to handle the flight to Germany?

MdG said...

Here is hoping the the cat finds a new home!

Cat barf is naaaastay!

dennis said...

Hey, you could've balanced your karma by vacuuming the cat vomit!

Happy OH Eight!