Wednesday, June 13

Loving Day

So I'm a day late, but every day is Loving Day at our house. Piko is the beautiful product of an interracial marriage. It is quite strange to think that only 40 years ago, M. Sarge and I would not have been able to legally marry.

Here are a couple of unusually similar photos of my family and M.Sarge's. Strangely they were both taken at our respective Grandmother's houses, probably around the same year, 1976 or 1977.



I think that my brother is holding a bag full of mangoes from my Grandma's tree, my dad took a cutting from that tree before the house was sold, and has another tree grown at his house. There is nothing like a warm mango picked right off the tree on a summer afternoon.


Check it! M. Sarge's dad is wearing PLAID PANTS!!!

4 comments:

Jacy said...

You are so adorable!

MdG said...

Oh, who wouldn't look cute in a smocked dress with puff sleeves?
Now I just look like my mom, though my hair is different, and I guess that's not a bad thing.

Tanya Espanya said...

What super cute! I would like to wear the plaid pants with that pink shirt your inlaws are sporting. (I'm not being sarcastic, I think it would look good.) (no?)

MdG said...

Man, I love those plaid pants. I'm sure that FIL had them in every color, the only thing is that they were probably polyester. And that picture is the last time that anyone has ever seen M. Sarge in a turtleneck.