Wednesday, June 27

de Gallo Milestones

Oh we have many to report today!!

Milestone #1: Kindergarten registration (and I managed to only forget one important document)!! Piko de G is going to school next year!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! That's my excitement. Not hers. She's a bit unsure of the "big kid school", and of going every day. I'm planning on staying home at least one more year so that I can volunteer at her school alot, and hopefully make her transition easier, without being a helicopter parent. Well, that and the fact that the school is not in the best area, nor does it get the greatest of recommendations from other parents. BUT, we are determined to give public school a chance.

Milestone #2: Big girl's jump from the side of the big kid pool! Yes, that's right, Miss. "I-don't-like-to-get-my-face-wet" actually jumped from the edge of the big kid pool. Huzza!!!

Milestone #3: SWIMMING IN THE BIG KID POOL WITHOUT A LIFE JACKET!!!
That's right, you heard me. Holy poo on a stick! It was great! She still has a bit of a hard time when she has to come up for air, but she swims a good 3-4 feet from the stairs to my arms.

Ok, so the swimming milestones are more for the folks that actually know Piko de G IRL. Let me 'splain. Piko was a child that up to the age of 2.5 could not stand to have her hair washed. Seriously it was like trying to wash a cat. I don't know why it took me so long to come up with a method that worked, the "Magic Towel". It was just a wash cloth or hand towel that she held over her face so that the water would not get on it. She hated the pool, but liked the beach, I guess since it was sort of shallow and there was sand. Something changed though last year late in the swimming season. She started liking it. And this year, Ba-da-BOOM! Swimming. I'm so proud of her, I could burst.

Now The Librarian's nickname for her really fits. "Little Fish"

2 comments:

she said: said...

I've been trying to think of something funny to say... but really the whole thing is just sweet.

So.. thats all I got. I big giant "awwww".

P.S. For some reason I love hail. I know.. its weird.

MdG said...

Totally an "awwwww" moment.

I love hail too, just not when it's beating my car.