Sunday, August 27

Amazing!

I saw the strangest things today. One was amazing, and the other was just "huh".
Piko de G and I were on the way to Michael's to buy some Perler Beads. We entered the DC Metro Speedway, north towards College Park on our way to Bowie. As we neared our exit, I happened to glance to my left and saw A CAR GOING THE WRONG WAY ON THE INNER LOOP!!. Yes, you read that right, a car going the wrong way on the inner loop. That is against traffic, north instead of south, traveling the same direction as me, not in the opposite direction. Granted the car was on the inside shoulder, and not going very fast, but still!

Two questions immediately come to mind. How the hell does one get turned around on the Beltway, and where the hell are you going? Now I have seen people pull to the side, after missing their exit, and then reversing along the shoulder. But this, this was something new. Naturally I created my very own driving hazard by calling The Librarian on my mobile to report what I just saw.

The "huh" item was on our return trip. I saw a wooden swing set mangled to a pulp on the side of the road. I guess it's not that strange, but it looked like it was fully assembled at the time of it's jettisoning. I'm used to seeing the sadly abandoned mattress on occasion, but who puts a fully assembled swing set on their truck? Roof? Whatever?

So many questions, no answers.

No comments: